It takes a village. Never has the adage resonated with me more than it did a month ago.
On April 28, 2015, The Call KC had its first ever fundraiser – a proper launch party inside McFadden’s at Power & Light (we never actually had one when we started this journey). Having no idea what to expect, our Board of Directors and staffers worked for over two months to put on a respective event. What came from that blew us away:
- 140 total attendees
- 120 pre-event tickets sold
- Nearly $2,500 raised
- Donations from nearly 20 different sponsors
- Four volunteer outings filled
There is so much I want to say, but time is short. So I’ll leave with this:
1) Thank you so much for the support! To know that there’s that many people who believe in our cause — who believe in helping others — truly touches the heart. We know we’re onto something special, and this night reinforced that. It’ll not be forgotten.
I’d also be remiss if I didn’t thank our incredible sponsors, who made the evening possible. Major thanks go to: McFadden’s, Union Station, Science City, Pierponts, Kansas City Fun Tours, Legoland, Mosaic Life Care, Kansas City Sea Life Aquarium, Yard House, Cinetopia, Mud Pie, ARC Physical Therapy, The Foundry, Tan 360 Downtown, Residence Inn Marriott, Thou Mayest Coffee Roasters, Harvey’s, Parisi Artisan Coffee, Hereford House and Cleaver & Cork.
2) This is just the beginning! We received a ton of great feedback and ideas on how we can improve our operations. From sign-up calendars on the website to funding suggestions to possible volunteer groups, we’re currently working on several projects that’ll make us better. Look for these to roll out throughout the summer and if you have any more, ideas please don’t hesitate to reach out.
3) Volunteer! This very second, I challenge you to recruit a group of friends, family members, coworkers and whoever else to volunteer this summer. Whether that’s through our services or not, get a group and get out there. And if you need help doing so, you know who to contact!